I have wanted to experiment with making protein muffins for a while and I had some blueberries in the fridge that needed to be used up so I thought why not make blueberry protein muffins. These would make an excellent afternoon snack or even a great on-the-go breakfast.
Makes 6 muffins
60g vanilla protein powder (or whatever flavour you want)
30g ground almonds
1tsp baking powder
15g milled flaxseed
1tbsp melted coconut oil
100g greek yoghurt
60ml almond milk (or regular milk)
1. Preheat oven to 160c fan.
2. Place the muffin cases in the muffin pan.
3. Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl and then add in the greek yoghurt, almond milk and coconut oil.
4. Lastly add the blueberries and gently fold them trying not to burst them.
5. Divide the mixture evenly between the 6 muffin cases and bake for about 15-20mins.
6. To check if the muffins are cooked, insert a skewer into one of them and if it comes out clean they are done.
I decided to calculate the nutritional content for mine and they came out as follows per muffin:
of which fiber: 1.4g
of which sugar: 3.4g
The nutritional content may vary depending on the brands you use, so use this only as a guide.