A lot of my treats recently have been 'raw' and since I am a very keen baker, I wanted to share with you some of my baking. I absolutely LOVE blondies and brownies, well actually any kind of cakes and cookies really, but trying to make 'clean' versions can be tricky and takes some experimenting. This recipe has a very strange ingredient as one of the main ingredients, but just go with me on this one... it works and you can't taste them at all once the blondies are baked.
Makes 16 blondies (but depends on what size you cut them)
1 400g (256g drained) chickpeas (I know - super weird - but just trust me on this one)
100g white chocolate macadamia butter (I used Keen, but any nut butter would work here)
1 large egg
100g agave syrup
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
2 tsp vanilla extract
150g dark chocolate chopped into chunks (or just use chocolate chips)
1. Preheat the oven to 170c fan and line a 9x9 inch square pan (can be made in a similar size rectangular pan also) with greaseproof paper.
2. Drain and rinse the chickpeas in cold water and try to shake as much water off them as possible before you put them in the food processor to blend until it looks pretty much like hummus.
3. Add in all the other ingredients except the chocolate and blend until smooth.
4. Remove the blade of the food processor and stir in the chopped chocolate until it is evenly distributed throughout the mixture.
5. Pour into the lined pan and bake for 20-25 minutes. Check to make sure it is cooked through by inserting a skewer and if it comes out clean its cooked. The top should be nice a golden.
6. Let the blondies cool for about 30 minutes to an hour before even attempting to cut them. I know it may be hard to resist, but it will make them so much easier to cut and they will stay in neat squares if you let them cool properly, otherwise you might have a big mess on your hands, as they would crumble into pieces.
7. Once you have cut them into squares keep them in an airtight container and they should stay fresh for around 4 days (if you still have any left by the 4th day(!)).
This recipe is Paleo, Gluten Free, Dairy Free and Sugar Free.
If you try out any of my recipes let me know, send me pictures, tag me on twitter @georgiaeatclean or on Instagram @georgiaeatsclean. I would love to see you making my fabulous clean treats!!
Don't forget to follow my new Facebook page for Georgia Eats Clean.