3tbsp almond butter
2 tbsp honey/agave syrup
1 tsp sea salt, plus extra for decoration
175g dark chocolate
1. Soak the dates in boiling water for about 5 minutes, then drain the liquid off and discard.
2. Place all the ingredients except the chocolate into a food processor or blender and mix until smooth.
3. Place the mix into a bowl and refrigerate for about 30 minutes to let it harden a little so it can be easily formed into balls.
4. I use a small scooper to make even sized balls, but a teaspoon will also work. Place them back in the fridge while you melt the chocolate.
|This is the small scooper I use for making the caramels all the same size|
5. Melt the chocolate over a bain marie and then let cool for a few minutes.
6. Cover all the caramels with the chocolate and place on a tray covered with greaseproof paper. Sprinkle each caramel with sea salt.
This recipe is Paleo, Gluten Free, and Dairy Free.
If you try out any of my recipes let me know, send me pictures, tag me on twitter @georgiaeatclean or on Instagram @georgiaeatsclean. I would love to see you making my fabulous clean creations!!
Don't forget to follow my new Facebook page Georgia Eats Clean.