After a workout I like to include carbs and protein in my post workout meal. Normally I'd have a protein shake and a bowl of cereal but as an alternative I decided to make some pancakes as I was craving them. This recipe made 7 pancakes yes 7!!!!
- 50g plain flour (you could use oats if you wanted)
- 30g Quest peanut butter protein (I think the trick to perfect pancakes is the combo of whey and casein this protein has, it allows for thick fluffy pancakes)
- 50g Greek yogurt
- 35g egg whites (1 large egg white)
- 50-100ml almond milk (depends on the protein powder you use and how thick you want the batter to be)
- 1 tsp baking powder
1. Mix all ingredients in a Nutribullet or blender. The amount of milk needed will vary depending on the protein powder you use so add a little and then see how you get on and then you can add more if needed.
2. Heat a non stick pan on low - a good non-stick pan is key to good protein pancakes, I don't add any oil to the pan for these. I got my pan in Ikea for about €30 and it is one of my most used kitchen items!
3. I use about 1/4 cup batter for each pancake and cook on each side for about 2 minutes, you'll know its time to flip them when small bubbles start to appear on the top.
Macros 350 cals 43C/3F/37P - the macros will vary depending on the protein powder and amount of milk used.