I have been making these pecans for about 2 years now (this year will be the 3rd year I've made them). I was first introduced to them by a roommate of mine from college who was making them as Christmas gifts and I thought this was a genius idea as it's something completely different. The first couple of times I made them I used real white sugar (Shock! Horror!). I have now adapted the recipe so that it is clean and even Paleo friendly.
(note: this recipe can easily be halved)
2 egg whites
6 tsp water
1/2 tbsp cinnamon
1 tsp salt
1.5 tbsp vanilla extract
5 tbsp honey/agave syrup
1. Preheat the oven to 120c fan and line two baking sheets with greaseproof paper.
2. Whisk the egg whites until they are frothy and then add the water and vanilla.
3. Measure out the honey and whisk until combined and then add in the cinnamon and salt.
4. Add all the pecans to the bowl and stir to coat. Divide them onto the two baking sheets.
5. Bake the pecans in the oven for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 mins to ensure they don't stick and they cook evenly.
6. The pecans will harden as they cool. I keep mine in a glass jar to keep them fresh. If you want to give them as a Christmas present, you can put them in cellophane bags or glass jars and wrap them up with ribbon.
This recipe is Paleo, Gluten Free, and Dairy Free.
If you try out any of my recipes let me know, send me pictures, tag me on twitter @georgiaeatclean or on Instagram @georgiaeatsclean. I would love to see you making my fabulous clean creations!!
Don't forget to follow my new Facebook page Georgia Eats Clean.