Today I am back with a super simple recipe for shredded chicken which can be put together in less than 10 minutes! This is a great one for meal preppers out there as it keeps in the fridge for a few days and can be added to so many different dishes throughout the week! It is great cooked up with peppers and onions for a quick fajita filling, or added to soups, in sandwiches, or with rice and veg.
- chicken breasts (can be frozen or raw)
- chicken or vegetable stock
- seasonings of choice (I use salt, garlic, thyme, and The Gym Chef Lemon & Herb)
1. Place the raw or frozen chicken breasts in a slow cooker (if you don't have one of these go out and buy one, they are a life saver when it comes to meal prep and can be very cheaply purchased, I think we got ours in House of Fraser on sale for around €30).
2. Make your stock, I use the Bouillon vegetable stock powder and make up about 600ml of it with boiling water.
3. Season the chicken breasts with your seasoning of choice and pour over the stock, just enough to cover the chicken.
4. Turn the slow cooker to medium and cook for about 4-6 hours, on the longer side of that if the chicken was frozen.
5. Once the chicken is cooked remove from the stock and shred using two forks, the chicken should shred very easily as it is so tender from being cooked in the stock, it should fall apart really.
6. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for upto 3 days.
If you try making this, make sure to tag me on Instagram, Twitter or Facebook - all @georgiasfitlife.